What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive technology (AT) is a term that includes assistive, adaptive, and rehabilitative devices. It assists people with a visual impairment and includes the processes used in selecting, locating, and using them. Therefore, it promotes greater independence by enabling people to perform tasks they were formerly unable to do or had difficulty with. For example, software can use speech output to read out what is on the screen or magnification to zoom in on text.
Our experienced Assistive Technology Trainers specialise in guiding employees with a visual impairment. The aim is to highlight any workplace barriers and show users how to get the best from their assistive technology in context to their job role. The training is solutions based and enables learners to fulfil their potential by teaching them how to use specific aspects of assistive technology to make working easier.
Visualise assistive technology training provides:
- A person centred approach to maximise understanding and skills
- One-to-one sessions that are short and achievable (1 – 3 hours)
- Knowledge and confidence to use a range of AT for every task
- Independent skills and strategies for an effective working life.
When and where can I train?
Trainers deliver sessions with learners remotely via the use of a team viewer or onsite at the workplace.
What Assistive Technology software training is available?
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader training
- BrailleNote Touch training
- Jaws screen reader training
- Apple Zoom training
- Apple VoiceOver screen reader training
- Dragon Dictation speech recognition training
Why choose Visualise?
- Certified, experienced Assistive Technology trainers
- Flexible training courses specific to your needs
- Training can be delivered at home or the workplace
- Remote training option
- Track record in providing Disability Awareness Training
- Excellent customer feedback
Half-day session £420+vat, Full-day session £840+vat, plus expenses if applicable.
Find out more…
For more details or make a booking, please email email@example.com