Visualise can provide your company with a Hearing Loss Workplace Assessment. Hearing loss, deafness and/or tinnitus affect five million UK people of working age so being fully aware and catering for the requirements of any staff members with additional needs is essential as an inclusive employer. Our holistic workplace assessments aim to ensure that employees with hearing loss have the opportunity to successfully develop their careers while feeling valued as part of the team.
As a responsible employer, you will want to ensure that all your staff feel supported, valued and have opportunities to maximise their potential while complying with your duty to make a reasonable adjustment under The Equality Act 2010.
A hearing loss assessment should be commissioned before a new employee starts in their role. Current employees who acquire a loss of hearing, deafness and/or tinnitus through illness, infection, injury or because of hereditary reasons and those with an existing condition should also be assessed.
If hearing impairment is affecting one of your employees negatively, we will highlight the resources and workplace adjustments available to them which may include:
• using good lighting and repositioning the layout of a meeting room so everyone can see each other clearly to help with lipreading
• adapting a job role to take additional needs into account
• moving employee to a position with good acoustics
• providing a portable hearing loop to use during a training course away from the office
• providing time off work for audiology appointments
• equipment provision, such as transmitting microphone radio aids and flashing-light fire alarms
• support for meetings to aid communication, such as speech-to-text reporters
• Identifying any challenges your employee is facing
• Suggesting specialist aids, resources and equipment needed to perform duties effectively
• Suitability assessment for specialist learning, such as lipreading classes
• Assessing impacts of environmental factors such as adjusting the layout of a meeting, lighting, work station set-up and location
• Suggesting requirements for a support worker where all other adjustments have been considered.
• Provision of specialist training, such as deaf awareness training for colleagues
• Providing emotional support and coping strategies if required
Our fully trained assessors are experienced in collaborating with people at all levels.
To start the process, please download and return the referral form below.
We will then arrange a hearing loss workplace assessment with the employee as follows:
• our consultant will be assigned the employee referral.
• an assessment appointment will be arranged within three working days of initial receipt of referral.
• upon agreeing a convenient date with the employee, the consultant will establish the barriers they are facing.
• the consultant will assess the employee’s duties and make recommendations to maximise their effectiveness and job satisfaction.
• upon completion, a comprehensive report will be submitted within 14 days to the employer, insurer and/or occupational health provider with recommendations for reasonable adjustments.
The cost of the assessment and comprehensive report and recommendations is £795 +vat, plus any travel/accommodation expenses if applicable.
You can make an online referral by using this form – here’s the download link: